Saturday 11 February 2012

Thrift Store Finds - Revamped

I finally got around to hanging my repainted wall plaque (straight this time!) It's on the wall in our house that's between the front entrance and the wall that has my frame and mirror collage on it.




I also managed to finish the lamp I bought at the same time. I painted it quite a few colours before I settled on one. 

 First I tried a dark red. For some reason it looked more like pink.

 Then brown. I found this too dull looking.

I then slapped on some of my trusty sahara gold paint, but it was too shiny.


I decided to make the gold look more antiqued with some brown paint over top. This is what I finally settled on. I think it makes the amber glass look a lot warmer than it did.

I also managed to find a lampshade. I got it at Value Village for $3.99.

Before
and 
After

No comments:

Post a Comment