Thursday 23 February 2012

Thrift Store Finds

I went to Value Village on my lunch today and I found a few household items that I just couldn't resist. I think I'm forming some sort of addiction to thrift stores. I've been going with my Mom ever since I was little, but now that we have our house, I really can't help myself. It's great to find some little gems.

Today I found a really interesting painting.

It's an original painting that came in a 8x11 gold coloured frame. The frame is a bit worn and needs to be repaired, but the painting was only $2.99 so I couldn't complain. There was just something about it that really drew me to it. The colours are very vibrant and cheerful, and the subject matter is a little bit crazy, whimsical and happy all at the same time. It's signed 'M Piccini' at the bottom. I looked on the internet to see if it happened to be a famous artist's work, but nothing came up. 

My favourite part of the painting is this girl's face, not to mention the fact that she's wearing a pot of flowers on her head. The whole thing just makes me smile.

I also got this glass pot/vase. I plan on putting it up with my other coloured glass vases. This was $2.99 as well.

Last but not least, I bought this brass bowl. It's painted with a green floral pattern on the outside. I plan on re-potting the bonsai tree that we got for our housewarming in it.


Closeup of the floral design.

I'll post more pictures once I've hung the picture, placed the vase and re-potted the plant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment