Monday 27 February 2012

It's my Birthday Today

Today was my Birthday. I took a day off from work, as I don't really have any desire to work on my Birthday. For at least the past 8 years I haven't worked on this day, and I'd like to keep up the tradition if possible.

I had a really nice day today. I met up with my Mom, Dad, sister and my two nieces who I adore. We started off the day with some Starbucks. Right now I'm really into their Cinnamon Dolce Latte (sweet cinnamon latte) with no whipped cream. It's sweet and spicy and rather delicious. We also did a quick tour of the new Ikea in our town. I'd never been and wanted to check it out when it wasn't the weekend. Essentially it had everything the old Ikea had, but it was just more spread out and had more things in stock. We then went out for lunch. I got a side salad and lobster and shrimp linguine. It was really yummy and really filling at the same time. We ended our day by looking around a few shops and picking up some MDF moulding for our other bathroom to frame our mirror in the same way as our other bathroom.

My wonderful family got me some amazing gifts. I've taken some pictures of some of them to share.

 My husband got me this wicker and bamboo trunk. I've wanted one for behind the sofa for a while now and finally found this one. It's got a lid with room for storage inside and a drawer at the bottom.

He also got me this room divider as the two came as a set. I still have to find a more permanent home for this, but I love the way it looks.

 My Mom and Dad got me this vase to go with my vase collection. The colour of it is so pretty and looks amazing when the sun is shining. I've moved some of the vases around and will repost shortly.

Mom and Dad also got me this beautiful necklace. It's made of sterling silver and amethyst (my birthstone).

Another gift from Mom and Dad. It's a teacup with a lid and a tea infuser for loose leaf tea. It's going to be perfect for work. Maybe I'll get to drink some of my tea while it's still warm!

 My nieces got me this book. Very cute.

This is from my sister and my brother in law. It's a deep plum coloured vase that's around 3 feet tall. It's going to look great with some long grass, flowers or twigs in it.

My Mother and Father in law sent these glass snow drop flowers and vase to me in the mail from England. They are made near where we all used to live at the Sunderland Glass Centre. They are so delicate and pretty. I'm glad they all made it in one piece.

 
My godmother paid me a surprise visit tonight. She gave me this framed painting of my hand print from when I was little. I thought this was so thoughtful of her. She's been holding on to this for around 25 years and has moved a few times too. It made me feel very special. I'm going to hang it in my craft room, as it goes way back to when I first started making crafts and art. 

I got so many more nice things from everyone including some shirts, a sweater, a scarf  and so much more. I had such a nice day and wouldn't have changed it at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment