Sunday 8 January 2012

My Colourful Vase Display

Our new house has a huge ledge above the separating wall between the 'formal' dining room and the kitchen. I knew I had to think of something to put of there, otherwise it would look too bare.


I decided that I was going to start a collection of large vases in various colours. I also decided that I wasn't going to spend fortunes on them and budgeted myself to spend no more than $15 per vase.

I started off with the round purple one that I found at Winners for $15. My next find was awesome. I work near a McIntosh and Watts store (usually out of my price range, but I thought I'd give it a go). I had gone in there a few months back and saw some really nice recycled glass vases, but they were $80 and I had to give them a pass. I went back in a few weeks ago, and those same vases were on sale for 75% off! I got the largest green vase in the picture above for $20! (I know, over my budget, but budgets are made to be broken sometimes, right?) The blue vase on the far left is one that my Mom found for me. I love the colour of it. I then purchased the other three (orange, red and turquoise) all at the same time from Home Sense. I had a $25 gift certificate from Christmas and I ended up getting all three of these for $35, so my total out of pocket cost for them was $10.

I never thought I'd grow my collection so quickly, but I'm so happy with the way they look. They look so pretty when the sun is shining and they look like they're lit up. I'm sure I'll be able to find some more nice ones in the spring at garage sales around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment