Saturday 7 January 2012

Garbage Picker or Treasure Picker?

So, a few months ago I was driving with my sister and her family to see their new home. On the way I spotted a little plant stand that I thought I could do something with. We stopped and picked it up and loaded it into the already very full van (it was so full that I had to sit with it on my lap until we got there!) I then thankfully realized that it came apart pretty easily and found room for it in the trunk.

This is one of the times that I wish I would have taken a before picture, but of course, I didn't. The table was all plain wood and the shelf surfaces were full of scratches, dust and cat hair (yum...) The little knobs were wood as well and had lots of little bite marks in them (hence the cat fur).


I disassembled the shelf. I then primed and painted the shelves a dark purple that I had used on a table that my Mom and I refinished (pictures to follow). I then replaced the chewed wooden knobs at the top with some drawer handles that were on clearance at Winners. The shelf supports were in pretty good condition, so I left these as they were. I think it turned out pretty well and looks cute for something that was at the curb destined for the dump!


I found this little table at Value Village for $2.99. There's a little metal plaque on the bottom that says it's from The Bombay Company, so I'm sure it wasn't cheap originally. I'm still thinking about what I could do with it, but I thought I'd throw a before picture up before I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment