Saturday 7 January 2012

My very first blog post

Hi everyone,

I have never blogged before, but I've decided to give it a go to share my ideas and thoughts.

My husband and I lived in the UK for the past 6 years. We've recently moved back and we've just bought our very first house. We've moved back to my hometown (something I thought I would never do!) and we're currently trying to make our house our own.

I am very much into crafts/art and just getting in to DIY. I'm having so much fun creating things for our new place  and I thought I'd share my progress. I have to admit that at the moment, I'm not very good at taking before, during and after pictures of my projects, but I'm going to start! Previously I've just taken pictures of the end result which isn't always helpful.

Here is something that I painted for the sitting area in our kitchen. This is somewhat of a during picture, so I thought I'd add it. I guess I only had the robin's eye and legs to do, but I tried!


This is painted on 3 different canvases. They are each 12''x12''. I bought them from Michael's on sale, and bought the cheap kind of acrylic paint, so this whole project cost me approximately $10.

This is a picture of the finished product. It was hung in our old rented townhouse in this picture.

It has now been hung in it's permanent home.

I think it adds a nice splash of colour to the room.

Where I got everything in the picture above:
Couch - from a work colleague (free)
Coffee and side tables - Ikea (Lack range) housewarming gift from my Mom and Dad
Pillows - recovered in blue velvet (both pillows and fabric given to me by my Mom)
Lamp - second hand from my Aunt
British flag pillow - gift from my friends in the UK when I left
Blanket - Fabricland $10
Wrought iron table decoration - Home Hardware furniture (gift)
Real pine tree - Walmart

No comments:

Post a Comment