Sunday 8 January 2012

Best (and easiest) Banana Bread Ever

Here is my favourite banana bread recipe. I originally found it somewhere online, and I've changed it quite a bit since. It is so easy to make, which makes it even better. You only need one bowl, some measuring cups, a spoon and a loaf tin.



I always seem to buy too many bananas. This is why this recipe is perfect for me. I let the bananas I plan on using for this recipe go really ripe. I then pop them in the freezer and wait for the perfect occasion to make this (any occasion really).

If I'm organized, I'll take the bananas out of the freezer a few hours before use and let them thaw, if not I sometimes defrost them in the microwave.

Here is the recipe and step by step pictures:

  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
Preheat oven to 350F (175C) (340F if you have a convection oven)

 These bananas have been frozen and mostly thawed (don't worry the white is frost, not mold). The best bananas for this recipe are the ones you look at and think 'how disgusting!'.

Remove the bananas from their peels and place in a mixing bowl. They'll be pretty slimy.

Mash the bananas with a potato masher or a fork. Add in the oil and mix

Add both kinds of sugar and mix well.

 Mix in the egg.

 Vanilla.

Sprinkle in salt and baking soda and stir.

 Finally, add the flour.

 Only mix until there are no visible chunks of dry flour.

 Pour into a 4x8 greased loaf tin.

Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until golden brown. Let bread cool for around 10 minutes.

Turn out onto a cooling rack.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment